Results 1 to 9 of 9

Thread: non Pan-Focus image

  1. #1
    salt-sg
    Guest salt-sg's Avatar

    Question

    The only dissatisfaction which I have to Super8 is that it have too deep depth of field.
    I want to shoot the blurred background with 6-25mm zoom range.
    Although I understands that it is difficult one physically,
    does someone know the magic which realizes it?

    ------------------

  2. #2
    rollemfilm
    Guest rollemfilm's Avatar

    Post

    shoot wide open; shoot with the long part of the zoom in this case 25mm). shoot in lower light to let the lens to open up.

    ------------------

  3. #3
    crimsonson
    Guest crimsonson's Avatar

    Post

    Use ND filters to drop f stop in bright light situations. Just make sure they are of high quality. You dont want to compromise color and contrast.

    ------------------

  4. #4
    salt-sg
    Guest salt-sg's Avatar

    Question

    Thank you, rollemfilm & crimsonson.

    I guess that we can get only a little blurred background, even if we use f0.95 at least at 25mm.

    Do I must use a larger format?



    [This message has been edited by salt-sg (edited February 09, 2002).]

  5. #5
    mattias
    Guest mattias's Avatar

    Post

    a 25 mm lens opened up to f/1 and focused on 15 feet will give you a dof from 13'6 to 16'11. anything beyond 30 feet or so will be very blurred, the way i believe you want it to be. field of view is about 4x3 feet at that distance, which should be a nice medium shot. good luck.

    /matt

  6. #6
    salt-sg
    Guest salt-sg's Avatar

    Thank you, mattias.
    It is almost same image as one that I want to shoot.
    I will try to shoot it.( and to get 25mmf0.95.)

    Salt-sg

    ------------------

  7. #7
    mattias
    Guest mattias's Avatar

    Post

    one more thing: one thing that really helps if you need a blurred background is to use a high contrast one. a typical landscape will just look out of focus, while distant street lights, reflections in water, dark trees and such will look blurred in a more obvious way.

    /matt

  8. #8
    salt-sg
    Guest salt-sg's Avatar

    Post

    mattias:

    I understood that you are talking about total coordination that I must care for.
    I agree with it.

    By the way, I remembered that at one time I built a very large background panel which blurred beforehand, in order to get a very blurred image which is not physically possible.
    It was for TV commercial, and was shot with 35mm-moviecamera and telephotolens.
    Such an effort was made even 35mm, to get blurred B.G!!

    It was a very interesting case for me.

    ------------------

  9. #9
    salt-sg
    Guest salt-sg's Avatar

    Talking

    I found a interesting equipment.
    http://www.zgc.com/html/p_s_technik_mini_35_adapter.htm

    it's too cool but too expensive, and only for DV.

    ------------------

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •